Polyester Underfloor Insulation - Autex Greenstuf (Victoria Only) - How To
The pioneer polyester underfloor insulation in Victoria
For Victorian homes with bare floorboards
Difficulty Rating: Intermediate
ecoMaster have made it easy for you to insulate your own underfloor with underfloor insulation.
For best results using the Underfloor Insulation, we suggest opening the packs well ahead of installing to allow the insulation to start to re-loft.
What you will need:
- * Stapler (Electric or Battery, Double Insulated)
- * Staples (Galvanised)
- * Headlamp/flashlight
- * Gloves (Garden)
- * Goggles
- * Tarps (Helps keep insulation clean)
- * Lead/Extension Cord
- * Clothes that can get dirty
Hints and Tips:
- * Maurice, ecoMaster’s Technical Director, talks about the pros and cons of all the types of underfloor insulation and how to get the best results in the ecoMaster Underfloor Insulation Masterclass. It's free!
- * We recommend polyester insulation is stapled to the joists at 00-150 mm intervals to ensure it is secure and will not sag over time.
- * For the best and long lasting result, make sure the insulation staples being used are galvanised.
- * T50 Staples were the staples of choice of the ecoMaster installation crews. You will need 750 staples per pack of Autex Greenstuf underfloor insulation.
- * Use a good quality stapler. Stapler Rental is available if you live in Victoria.