Autex Polyester Wall Insulation Batts (Victoria Only) - How To
Optimize Your Energy Use with Autex Wall Insulation
All the benefits of wall insulation without the irritants
Difficulty Rating: Intermediate
ecoMaster has provided installation instructions for you to install this wall insulation in your own home.
What you will need:
- * Knife/blade
- * Clothes you don't mind getting dirty
- * Gloves
- * Safety glasses
- * Angle grinder with 1mm blade (if trimming is required)
- * Hammer tacker
- * Packing straps
- * Scissors
Find out more:
Watch our video for a guide on how to install insulation in your walls in your new build, renovation or extension.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Retrofitting wall insulation into your existing home requires a high level of skill. Plasterboards need to be removed and refitted and this is a job for a building expert or highly experienced DIY’er.
Tips and Tricks:
- * It is important that your wall insulation fits snugly, without protruding from the studs, or leaving any gaps.
- * If you need to trim your wall insulation, follow this video.
- * Use an angle grinder with a really thin metal cutting blade to cut wall insulation batts to the required size.
- * Run the angle grinder steadily along the batt to achieve a clean cut.
- * Cut out sections to allow space for any plumbing or electrical sockets and fittings.
- * Staple double rows of packing straps to hold wall batts firmly in place.
- * For your new home, renovation or extension, ensure all electrical and plumbing work is done first.
- * Ensure no batts stick out in front of studs. This may bow the plasterboard or cause it to pop off the walls before the stud adhesive has cured.
- * Where studs are closer together, batts can be cut to fit.