Front and Back Door Draught Proofing Kit | Two Doors
Front and Back Door Draught Proofing Kit | Two Doors
- 100% Awesome
- Quality Assured
- Set and Forget
- Australian Made
- Step-by-Step Videos
- Seals all 4 sides of two doors. No more door draughts!
- Helps to reduce noise, pollen, dust and smoke
- Works well on uneven door gaps, up to 10 mm gaps around the perimeter and 16mm on the door step
- Does not interfere with the operation of the door
- The timber Draught Dodgers can be stained to match the door frame
- The All Weather (white powder coated aluminium) Draught Dodgers can be custom painted. Watch the How-To Video here.
- Architectural quality
- Durable - will last the lifetime of your door
- Highest quality product available in Australia
- Australian owned and manufactured
- Make sure you install the draught excluder at the bottom of the door first.
- Watch the Draught Dodger video carefully as the long sticks are angle cut to achieve a perfect joint
- Once installed, no more attention will be needed.
2 x Single Doors up to 915mm wide and 2350mm high
1 x 2 - door Draught Dodgers Doors (2.35m) kit - Raw Timber
2 x External Draught Excluders RP3 (915mm)- Bronze
1 x 2 - door Draught Dodgers Doors (2.35m) kit - White Powder Coated Aluminium
2 x External Draught Excluders RP3 (915mm) - Silver
Draught Dodgers Moulding Profile:
Raw Timber Moulding Material:
- “Tassie Oak” range of select grade Australian hardwood species
White Aluminium Moulding Material:
- Powder Coated Aluminium in White - with white compression seals
Black Aluminium Moulding Material:
- Powder Coated Aluminium in Black- with black compression seals
Dodger for Doors Seal Profile:
- Up to 7kgs (including packaging)
If this is not what you are looking for try…
Moderate - it is a multi-step install - please watch the videos
How Do I Install the Internal Door Draught Proofing kit?
The kit comprises:
- Top quality perimeter seals for the sides and top of your front and back doors
- 2 x Raven RP3 draught excluders - our most popular - for the bottoms
Both products have their own installation videos, and be sure you install them in this order for the best results:
Q: I’m not really sure how or where to start?
A: That is no problem at all. We have a series of ecoMasterClasses on just about every topic of energy efficiency. All the information is totally free. Click here to check it out.
Q: What is this kit?
A: This kit contains high quality draught proofing components to treat 2 standard external doors. There are 2 variants:
- Timber / Bronze, or
- White Painted / Silver
Match the joinery of your door jamb and door furniture.
- Draught Dodgers for Doors (2 door kit)
- RP3 Draught Excluder x 2
Q: Will I still be able to open and close my doors?
A: These products should not prevent your door from its natural function, if you have difficulty in closing your door after installation, then can we humbly suggest that you watch the installation videos in the “How to” tab.
Q: My front door is a double door. Is this still the right kit?
A: No, it is not. This kit is suitable for two single doors only. The double doors are best treated with one of our French Door Kits.
Q: My front door is quite wide. Will this kit still work?
A: The width limitation of this kit is the width of the RP3 bottom draught excluder which is 920mm between the jams. If your door is wider than that, then you can still treat it with these components but you will need to buy them individually so that you can option the extra-long 1220mm RP3.
Q: Is it not better to fit the Draught Dodgers to the ground first and then fit the RP3 in between?
A: Technically yes, but the problem with this method is that it means that the RP3 actuator must be fitted on the angled face of the Draught Dodgers and that does not work well.
Q: Can I collect my order?
A: Yes you can! A “Ready for Pickup” email will be sent to you when you order is ready to be collected. Please click this link for the Click and Collect details. Note: this Collection Centre is in Preston Victoria, NOT Prestons in NSW.
Q: When will my order be despatched?
A: Generally, your order will be despatched within 2 to 3 business days.
Q: Will my order be tracked?
A: Yes! When your order is consigned, you will receive a tracking number that will show you where your order is and its expected delivery date. Track your order here
Please note: Orders with two or more items may arrive in separate parcels with no additional shipping charge
Q: When will my order be delivered?
A: All over-sized orders are picked, packed and despatched within 3 business days. It will be delivered by a specialist courier that specifically handles oversized items that cannot be delivered via Australia Post. Please note that this is a specialist courier NOT an express courier. Our experience with the specialist courier varies depending upon the delivery location. Clearly delivery times will fluctuate at peak shipping times such as Christmas.
Q: Authority to leave?
A: The standard courier delivery option is "Authorised to Leave". That means that if there is no one home when the courier arrives, your order will be left at your address. If this is not appropriate, please advise when you place your order for alternative arrangements to be made.
Q: What happens if my order gets lost during transit?
A: Occasionally we have had orders go missing. ecoMaster has solid procedures in place and photograph every order that leaves our warehouse. If a delivery date appears to be beyond expectation, we will raise a query on your behalf. If your order cannot be found during transit, we will send a replacement.
Q: What happens if my order is stolen after delivery?
A: If your order is stolen from your home after delivery, please raise a Police report.
Q: How do I make my freight costs cheaper?
A: We hear you! Oversized items are expensive to transport. Any item over 1.5m long carries an additional $10 charge by the courier.
Potential cost effective freight alternatives are:
- Share the costs of freight with a neighbour
- Buy all your long items (such as Draught Dodgers) in one order (a second tube going to the same address is free)
- Collect your order from Preston Victoria
If you live regionally or in a rural location, freight costs will be high. Do you have an address in a town where your order can be safely delivered? We also live regionally and understand the frustration with the high costs of freight!!
Q: What is the product warranty for the Draught Dodger range?
A: The Draught Dodger range has a product warranty of 5 years, but can be effective for much longer than that. Our own home has had Draught Dodgers on our front door for nearly 20 years. It is in perfect condition and still doing its job - beautifully.
Q: What is the installation warranty for Draught Dodgers?
A: As Draught Dodgers are a DIY product there is no warranty on installation.
However, in order to get the best value from your investment, here are a few tips that will help:
- Please, PLEASE watch the installation videos before you proceed. The packer has been designed and included to ensure that the Draught Dodgers are fitted in EXACTLY the right place.
- Thoroughly clean the surface that your Draught Dodgers are to be adhered to. In situations where Draught Dodgers have 'failed', this is 95% of the reason.
- The other reason is the type of paint on the door jamb. Very oily paints make longer term adhesion quite challenging. In this case, fix Draught Dodgers to your door with brads instead of the self adhesive strip.
Q: What do I do if I have a problem with this product?
A: Refer to our Returns / Refunds page [Learn More]. Our Research and Development team will be keenly interested to learn of any product failure and will want images and samples the product (if possible), so they can determine what the cause of failure was.
If you have any questions, contact the ecoMaster team. We are all ex-installers and have done this work thousands of times before. We are here to help you.
My order took about 2 weeks to be delivered and the delivery cost was about 30% higher than I thought it should be. 2 years ago I regularly purchased items from Melbourne and the transit time was generally only 3 days to Newcastle with TNT transport.
Thank you for your feedback on the freighting of your draught dodgers. We totally agree that the cost of freight is now very high.
Before Covid we were charged $10 to move a 2.5m tube between cities. Now the freight charge by the lowest cost courier is closer to $40. The next comparable courier charges is 150% to 200% more. We made the decision to sacrifice a fast delivery with more affordable freight cost.
We hope you enjoy the improved comfort and cost savings from draught proofing your home with quality products that will last the lifetime of your home.
The draught proofing kit is a game changer! It has made a huge difference to the temperature in the hall way and the sun room feels like there is a heater on instead of being the coldest room in the house. Thank you!
Thank you so much for your superb 5 star review Simone. We really appreciate your business and helping to spread the word about our Draughtproofing Kit!
After spending years trying to use inadequate draught proofing (from bunnings) to treat two external and very warped doors I have found the solution. Having no carpentry skills I was a bit nervous about doing the install myself. I needn’t have been. Maurice’s instructional videos make the process a breeze. I now have what I’ve always dreamed of - perfectly sealed external doors! High quality, made to last, easy to install. Please do yourself a favour and join the draught proofing revolution!
Thank you so much for the awesome feedback Meran!