Door Brush Seal - Draught Excluder - RP74 - 13mm - How To
Brush Aside Draughts with Superior Quality RP74 Door Seals
The RP74 can be cut to size then installed at the base of doors to create an effective seal against draughts and noise. It’s ideal to zone out wet areas and unused rooms from living spaces that are heated or cooled.
Before application, ensure surfaces are clean and smooth. Self adhesive strips do not adhere to oiled or alkyd finishes, or easy clean wash and wear paint surfaces. If floors are uneven, the draught excluder can be fitted with screws (not supplied).
What you will need:
- * Measuring tape
- * Pencil
- * Saw
- * Pliers or side cutters
- * Hammer
- * Cut the carrier and brush separately to stop the brush from coming apart.
- * Use a hammer to gently crimp the end of the carrier so the brush stays firmly in place.
- * RP74 has a wide aluminium carrier so it’s easy to attach with screws if needed (screws not supplied).
- * We recommend screw fixing any self-adhesive components to be used outside.
- * If there is any variant in the floor surface under the door, i.e. if the gap between the bottom of the door and the floor varies as the door opens consider using a longer brush pile such as the 25mm of the RP15.
Find Out More:
Watch this ‘how to’ video on how to fit, draught proof the bottom of an internal door. Whilst the product shown in this video is referred to as an RP2A, the instructions are similar for all brush seals.
Watch this video for tips on how to fit, trim and crimp a brush and carrier correctly
PLEASE NOTE: The RP74 is not suitable for all doors. It is not effective when the floor surface is uneven under the door. Instead, check out options such as RP15 with a brush pile of 25mm.