Joisties Adhesive | Steel Underfloors - How To
Premium Joisties Adhesive for Steel Underfloor Insulation
Joisties Adhesive is simple to use and has great grab power to hold up Joisties permanently.
Cut the tip off the adhesive cartridge then angle cut the nozzle to the size you want. Apply about 10 x 5mm diameter dabs of adhesive along the centre of each Joistie. Firmly press boards into place using the Joisties Fitting Tools as a guide.
What you will need:
- * Utility knife to cut off the cartridge top and nozzle.
- * Caulking gun.
- * Joisties.
- * Joisties Fitting Tools.
- * And, of course, Polyester Underfloor Insulation
- * Use a caulking gun that retracts the plunger when you let go of the trigger – this avoids glue wastage.
- * When you cut the cartridge nozzle to size, make the opening large for ease of use.
- * Clean up excess adhesive while wet, using isopropyl alcohol or mineral turps.
- * Trim cured material with a knife or scraper.
- * Leave adhesive at least 24 hours before fitting polyester insulation rolls.
- * Use with Joisties Fitting Tools for best alignment and installation.
How to video:
Our ‘How to’ install Joisties, Part 2, to learn how to prepare and use Joisties Adhesive. The H.B. Fuller Tool Box Original technical data sheet is available here.