Premium Draught Protection for Internal Doors.
The battle against draughts must begin at your doorstep! Stop draughts from jacking up your energy bills and making you extremely cold in winter; install the RP74 Draught Excluder at your door bottom to experience greater thermal comfort for less energy.
How this Works:
The RP74 Draught Excluder is a self-adhesive door brush seal that can be cut to size during installation. It measures 13 mm in height. This prevents draughts coming in under internal doors. RP74 is sufficiently dense to stop most air infiltration.
One (1) RP74 Draught Excluder
- Available in silver
- Covers gaps sizes up to 13 mm
- 1000 mm in length
Can be cut down to size during installation
- Works to reduce draughts
- Does not interfere with the opening and closing of the door
- Straightforward design ideal for use on an internal door
- Architectural quality
Tools You Will Need For Installation:
- Measuring tape
- Internal, hinged doors that open onto a hard floor
- Inward opening, external doors when automatic draught excluders can't be fitted
- On the head and step of external sliding doors
- The bottom of face mounted sliding doors
- The bottom of cavity sliding doors
- Wooden doors
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: What is it?
A: This is a self adhesive brush seal that can be cut to size and attached to the bottom of the door. This product can also be screw fixed where required (Screws not supplied).
Q: How does it work?
A: The RP74 is a self-adhesive brush seal that can be used in many ways. Here are the more common:
- The RP74 can be fitted to the bottom edge of a hinged door so as to prevent draught coming in under the door. Typically used on internal doors to zone out wet areas from the parts of the home that are heated / cooled.
- The RP74 can also be used to seal the bottom and tops of external timber sliding doors. In this case the brush is fitted horizontally so that the brush seals against the face of the door. (See also RP75 and RP15). We recommend screw fixing (screws not supplied).
- RP74s can also be used to seal the training edge of an external timber sliding door. In this instance they are fitted onto the edge of the non-opening drame to seal onto the back of the sliding door. Not suitable for all doors. User to determine suitability of this application.
Q: How do I install it and where can I access instructions?
A: To install this product, please refer to this video, that shows you how our door draught excluder products are installed.
Please note that this product has a wider aluminium carrier, which will make it easier to screw fix the product.
When fitting any self adhesive component outside we suggest screw fixing.
Q: Is there anything to watch out for when installing the RP74?
A: Yes, because the brush pile of the RP74 is only 13mm long this brush is not a good choice if there is any variance in the floor surface under the door. In particular if the gap between the bottom of the door and the floor varies as the door opens you may want to consider a longer brush pile such as the 25mm brush of the RP15.
Q: Will I still be able to open and close my doors?
A: This product should not prevent your door from its natural function, if you can no longer open or close your door after installation, then it may have been installed incorrectly.
Q: What do I do if the product is faulty?
A: The ecoMaster return policy can be found on the website.
Q: Is there a warranty on this product?
A: ecoMaster products carry a 2 year warranty as long as the product is installed according to our instructions.
Q: Is there a warranty on the installation of the product?
A: As it is a DIY product, we cannot provide an installation warranty as the installation process is out of our control.
How long would it take to ship?
0 to 5 business days from the time of order.
The freight system at present is experiencing significant volumes which may result in delays with some deliveries. However, please note most late items arrive within 5 business days of the expected delivery date. We appreciate your patience and understanding if delays do occur.
How will the order be delivered?
Orders would be delivered through a courier.